Ice cream is made extra creamy with the addition of cream cheese.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, such as Philadelphia
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or use dairy sour cream)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1½ teaspoons Passover vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 12 Passover macaroons (coconut or chocolate), crumbled
1. Cut cream cheese into pieces and place in a food processor or electric mixer.
2. Add sugar and mix at medium speed 3 to 4 minutes until well combined.
3. Add yogurt and blend in thoroughly.
4. Gradually add half-and-half and blend in thoroughly.
5. Stir in vanilla extract and orange peel.
6. Chill in refrigerator 45 minutes or until cold.
7. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Add macaroon pieces just before mixture is thick enough to store in the freezer.
8. Spoon into a container and transfer to freezer.