These are so good, you’ll be fala-full! This will most likely start a revolution...
Take homemade falafel ball mixture and stuff with gooey cheese. Every bite will be a surprise. Perfect as a pass around appetizer.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 cup dried chickpeas
½ large onion
4 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Cheddar cheese, cubed
Oil for frying
- Pour dried chickpeas into a large bowl, cover chickpeas with water, and let soak at least 6 hours, overnight if possible.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Transfer chickpeas to food processor with onion, garlic, flour, salt, pepper, cumin, and pulse into a coarse meal. When pulsing, stop to scrape down the sides with a spatula. Make sure to not over process the falafel mixture or it’ll become creamier and you’ll make hummus.
- Transfer falafel meal into a small bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Fill a skillet about 1 ½ to 3 inches oil and heal slowly over medium heat.
- While oil is getting hot, wet hands and form small falafel balls.
- Put a cheese cube into the falafel ball and roll into a perfect circle.
- To test the oil, add some falafel mixture to it. If it turns brown-black, the oil is too hot. If the mixture sinks, it isn’t hot enough. If it sizzles and turns golden brown the second it touches the oil, it’s perfect!
- Fry 5-6 at a time for about 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm to enjoy the fried, cheesy goodness in your unique cheese stuffed falafel.