This classic cheese souffle will make you realize that you really can make a great souffle.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1½ cups milk
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 2 cups sharp chedder cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Combine milk, flour, salt, and Worchestershire sauce in a microwave safe bowl. Beat ingredients until smooth.
2. Stir in cheese. Add butter. Microwave for 5 minutes.
3. Take bowl out, beat ingredients well. Place bowl back in microwave. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until ingredients thicken.
4. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff, but moist peaks form.
5. Beat egg yolks in separate bowl. Beat cheese sauce into yolks.
6. Spoon mixture over egg whites and fold in gently.
7. Pour into greased 2-quart souffle pan.
8. Place pan on lower rack of oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set (check by sticking a knife into souffle-when it comes out clean, it's done).