This recipe is great for Passover now that someone has FINALLY invented a frozen kosher for Passover pie crust. But don't let that stop you from enjoying this cheese quiche year round. Since the Passover pie crust is a bit sweeter than traditional frozen pie crust you may need to adjust the salt to a 1/4 teaspoon or less when making this recipe during the year.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 (9-inch) kosher for Passover unbaked frozen pie crust, defrosted 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup Tnuva Cheddar sliced cheese
3/4 cup Tnuva Mozzarella sliced cheese
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prick bottom of defrosted piecrust all over with a fork. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool while making the filling.
- Reduce oven to 350 F. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Sauté onion for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly softened. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, eggs and yolk and whisk vigorously. Add salt, cayenne and pepper and whisk. Add onions and cheeses and stir to combine.
- Pour into cooled crust and use a spoon to make sure cheese is evenly distributed throughout the shell. Carefully place in the oven and bake 40 to 42 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and filling is set. If edges of crust begin to darken too quickly, cover with foil.
- Cool 15 minutes before slicing.