Our version of mozzarella sticks...latke style. A gooey, cheesy center with a hint of basil surrounded by crispy potatoes is a spectacular Chanukah treat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Stuffed Latke Base Recipe
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1 jar favorite marinara sauce
1. Following Stuffed Latke Base Recipe, place a spoonful of latke mix into hot pan with oil.
2. Place a basil leaf on latke.
3. Place a bit less than a tablespoon of mozzarella on top of basil leaf.
4. Top with latke mix.
5. Serve hot with marinara sauce on the side.
As published in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller (Bitayavon Winter 2011) - Subscribe Now