- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 cup Fine ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup California Ripe Olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Hot water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
1 In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, California Ripe Olives, cheddar cheese, green onions and salt.
2 Add melted butter and stir in water, until evenly mixed. Set aside to rest for 10-15 minutes.
3 Divide dough into 8 (2 ounce) portions and form into 2 1/2-inch wide discs.
4 Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
5 Fry cakes for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.