I made this fondue with Natural & Kosher cheese and a crispy hard cider, but you could use any beer or even apple juice for the liquid. We really had fun with the dippers: fresh soft pretzels, green apples and blanched broccoli florets. I figure if we are going to eat a bowl of cheese at least we have to get our vegetables in.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 cup hard cider, apple juice, or beer
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar, such as Natural & Kosher
- 8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack, such as Natural & Kosher
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat cider and chopped garlic.
- Add shredded cheeses, half a cup at a time, whisking with a fork until smooth.
- Blend in black pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
Serve with choice of dippers. I used Soft Pretzels, fingerling potatoes, apple cubes, blanched broccoli florets, and mushrooms.