I love to see a bountiful table filled with delicious foods and vivid colors, it goes back to my belief that we eat with our eyes before we eat with our mouths. Try to ensure that your menu has green, red and yellow hues by serving brightly colored dishes. This dish is simple and rustic and allows the fresh seasonal asparagus to come through as the star.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 bunches thick Asparagus
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat grill pan over high heat.
- Trim bottom of asparagus by holding the tips and ends of the stalk and bending gently. The asparagus will snap at the right spot on each stalk.
- Toss the trimmed asparagus with olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Lay stalks across grill pan and allow to cook for 2 minutes or so, until asparagus is slightly charred but still firm and bright green.
- Rotate stalks to char the remaining sides of the asparagus.