Leftover challah becomes the perfect-on-the-go breakfast for the week. After cooling, wrap the Challah Strata Muffins and store in the refrigerator. Warm before serving, or enjoy cold.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 StratasServings
- 8 eggs, lightly whisked
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups medium cubes of challah
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 roasted red peppers, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups total of shredded cheddar, Swiss, and mozzarella cheeses
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin.
2. Combine eggs, melted butter, challah, spinach, red peppers, scallions, cream, cheese, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
3. Ladle mixture into greased muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the eggs are set but not too firm.
4. Let sit to firm up for 15 minutes before serving.