What could be better than turning your leftover challah into a colorful stack of fruity, crispy yumness? Challah french toast has never looked so classy!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 cup milk
¼ teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoons cinnamon
leftover challah bread
- Take some leftover challah and slice into medium squares.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, honey, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and whisk. Add milk and whisk until combined.
- Soak squares of bread in mixing bowl for 15-30 seconds until fully coated. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add butter.
- Place bread in skillet and cook until golden brown, then flip and cook other side.
- Add any toppings you’d like! We used fresh strawberries and blueberries, powdered sugar, and maple syrup.