This simple, 5 ingredient soup gets all its unique flavor from the celery root, you will love this creamy soup.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 as an appetizer or 2 as an entrée ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large celery root (about 1 ½ pounds), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small baking potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 cups vegetable stock, divided
- Paprika for garnish (optional)
In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery root, and potatoes; sauté until beginning to soften, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add salt and garlic powder, and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add 2 cups stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and
cook until celery root and potatoes are softened, about 12 to 16 minutes.
Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth, adding extra stock as necessary to reach desired consistency.
Divide among 6 small bowls and garnish with a pinch of paprika and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve and reheat on the stove top.
MAKE IT A MEAL: Divide soup between 2 large bowls and serve with seasoned rolls: Take store-bought pizza dough, shape into dinner rolls, and bake according to package directions. Before baking, brush each roll with olive oil and sprinkle with a mixture of poppy seeds, garlic powder, and kosher salt.
Tip - Serve this soup in shooters if you’re having a buffet style meal so everyone can have a taste.
Nutrition Information is based on 6 servings, no optional ingredients