This is a low-fat, low-calorie, dairy-free ranch dip that is sure to please even the most devoted ranch lover. It goes great with vegetables, especially broccoli florets; in fact I’ve been known to eat an entire crown of broccoli so long as it’s accompanied by this dip!
- Prep Time
- 1 ½ cups steamed cauliflower florets
- ½ cup unflavored almond milk
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Shot of hot sauce, to taste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
1. Place the cauliflower in a blender, along with the almond milk, grapeseed oil, apple cider vinegar, and hemp seeds. Blend for a full minute, or until completely smooth and creamy.
2. Add the Dijon mustard, garlic powder, hot sauce, along with the sea salt and black pepper, then blend to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed. Add the chives and blend briefly just to incorporate, without processing the chives too much.
3. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl or a resealable container, and refrigerate for 1 hour to chill before serving. It will keep, refrigerated, for 1 week.
Tip: This dip is especially good with fresh vegetables, particularly broccoli and carrots. It may also be enjoyed with roasted sweet potato fries or roasted carrots.
Recipe reprinted from Superfood Snacks by Julie Morris.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Summer 2015. SUBSCRIBE NOW
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.