- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/2 a jar of your favorite tomato sauce (roughly 1.5 cups) I always use Trader Joe’s garlic marinara
- 2 cups of fresh tomatoes, Costco’s sweet yellow tomatoes are delicious, always fresh, and the perfect sweetness to this recipe
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons of Bakto ground Madagascar vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes (optional for spicy)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of cashews. Raw nuts only, not salted or roasted
- 1 cup of water
In a small pot, heat all ingredients for tomato sauce together over a low heat. Tomatoes heat up very quickly, so a high heat would burn your sauce AND splatter all around your kitchen! Stir to combine every minute or two.
While the sauce is heating up, place cashews and water in your blender/ food processor/ Vitamix.
Blend on high for 1 minute.
After 5 minutes, taste your sauce, make sure the correct amount of salt and pepper is added. Turn off heat.
Pour carefully into your blender/ food processor/ Vitamix with the cashew cream. Blend on high for 2 minutes until sauce is smooth and creamy.
Serve over fresh pasta, if desired, add some cheese on top like pictured above.