- 4 - 6 PeopleServings
- 4 chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup Peanut oil
- 3 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1-2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Cashews add more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste If using salted cashews, no need to add extra salt
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
Marinate the chicken in the oil, tamari, chili powder, honey, and ginger for 30 min to several hours. Mix to make sure each piece of chicken is coated.
Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and place them in the pan, reserving the extra marinade. Sauté until just cooked through, then remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Place any extra marinade back in the pan and simmer for several minutes (to kill any bacteria). Pour off all but 1 Tbsp of the marinade into a separate bowl and reserve.
In the same pan, sauté the onions and mushrooms until onions are translucent and mushrooms are cooked. Return the chicken to the pan along with the reserved marinade(as needed) and the cashews and allow the mixture to simmer for several minutes. Stir in onion greens right before serving. Serve over rice.