Carrot tzimmes is a classic Jewish holiday dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 as a side dishServings
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped into two-inch chunks
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
- ½ cup water
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup raisins
1. Place all ingredients into 3-quart pot.
2. Turn heat on high and bring to a boil.
3. Lower heat and cook, covered, about twenty minutes, until liquid is reduced by half.
Nutrition facts for one serving: 112 calories, 0 g fat, 650 mg sodium, 321 mg potassium, 30 g carbs, 2.5 g fiber, 18 g sugar, 1.5 g protein.