This recipe is adapted from Smitten Kitchen, it is just like the dressing served at Japanese restaurants, but don't limit it to Japanese meals, it is good any time.
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons red miso
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water or more as needed
Put carrot and shallot in food processor or blender, pulse until chopped. Add ginger, miso and rice vinegar. Pulse until pureed. Stream in oils and water until desired consistency is reached.
Keep in fridge for up to a week and toss with salads or use a dip as desired.