- 24 matzah balls ServingsServings
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup matzah meal (not whole wheat)
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot (about 3 carrots)
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh dill
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of ground black pepper (not freshly ground)
- ½ cup seltzer
1. Beat eggs in a small bowl. Add oil and mix well.
2. Peel three (or so) carrots and chop into thirds. Place in a food processor fitted with the knife blade and process until very finely chopped.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together matzah meal, carrot, dill, salt, and pepper. Add egg mixture and stir until it just forms a batter. Add seltzer and mix once more, being careful not to overmix. Refrigerate (covered) for 2½ hours.
4. Wet your hands and form the mixture into 24 balls. Carefully drop them into a pot of boiling soup (you can also use water, but the flavor is best when cooked in soup). Turn flame to low and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.