Summer and coleslaw always go hand-in-hand. While the cookout staple does make for a delicious side dish, it has the potential to be packed with unhealthy ingredients. This slaw recipe takes things in a healthier direction and, thanks to the orange juice, brightens up any meal.
Savannah Bee Company’s Acacia Honey works perfectly in this dish. With its crisp, clean notes, this honey is sure to wow your guests!
- Prep Time
- 6-8 servingsServings
- 1 sweet red apple
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 3 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Savannah Bee Company Acacia Honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Pinch of salt and pepper
1. In one large bowl, julienne the apples and carrots (if not already matchstick-sized) and toss them together with the lemon juice.
2. In another smaller bowl, combine Acacia Honey, olive oil, orange juice, cider vinegar, orange zest, salt and pepper. Mix well, then pour over the apples and carrots.
3. Toss in any extra toppings you like, (feta and dried cranberries are great) and refrigerate until time to serve.
Show off that slaw!
Adding in fresh herbs is always a great choice.
Substitute in bell peppers, raisins, whatever you think will work!