- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- Vegetable-oil:cooking spray
- 3 large sweet:potatoes (about 2 lb), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots,:peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small:yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon:tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon:salt
- 1/4 teaspoon:curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon:ground cumin
- Heat oven to 400. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray; cook potatoes (covered with foil) for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and roast until tender, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, bring carrots, onion and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a medium nonstick skillet.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover; cook until water evaporates and vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- In a food processor, process potatoes with remaining ingredients until smooth. Add just enough water to make a spreadable paste, about 1 cup.
- Add carrot mixture; pulse until blended.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled, with, bagles, challah or pita wedges. Makes about 4 cups.