- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 1 lb carrots, peeled, cut into sticks
- 2 large white onions, sliced into wedges
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 large apples, cored, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 teaspoon thyme (optional)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup matzo meal
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Steam carrots in boiling salted water until tender-crisp. Set aside.
- In a skillet saute the onions in the butter until golden. In the prepared dish, layer the carrots, onions and apples.
- Sprinkle with thyme. Drizzle with lemon juice. Melt the remaining butter and then mix in matzo meal.
- Sprinkle the matzo meal mixture over vegetable mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until vegetables are heated through and the topping golden brown.
- Serves 4. This recipe can be doubled or tripled.