The Butter Toffee Glazed walnuts in this dense cake are fabulous, pareve, and sold in supermarkets where they sell dried fruits and nuts. If you can’t find them, you can use chopped pecans.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1⁄2 cups Butter Toffee Glazed walnuts, or pecan halves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (6-ounce can) pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup rum
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Very heavily grease and four a 10-inch tube pan; you can use the nonstick spray can with our. The sugar in the nuts will stick if you don’t grease and our the pan enough. Sprinkle the glazed walnuts or chopped pecans on the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, mix the our, sugar, baking powder, and pudding mix. Add the oil, eggs, pineapple juice, and rum. Beat on medium-high speed until a smooth batter forms.
3. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 55–60 minutes.
4. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. run a knife or small offset spatula around the outside of the cake and around the tube to loosen it. With a towel to protect your hand, push the tube out from the bottom while pulling it from the top. Run the knife or spatula around the tube base to loosen the to bottom of the cake from the tube base. Turn the cake out onto a plate and allow to cool.
Recipe was excerpted from Susie Fishbein's Kosher By Design, short on time.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Summer 2013. Subscribe Now.