- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins
- 3/4 cup Caribbean jerk marinade
- 1 pound spring mix (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, torn
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- 2 pink grapefruit, peel and pith removed, segmented
- 2 navel oranges, peel and pith removed, segmented
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced very finely
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoon tarragon
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
In shallow dish or container, place chicken and cover with jerk marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for one hour, or up to overnight.
Make dressing by combining ginger, tarragon, rice vinegar, mustard, orange juice, hot sauce, lemon zest and salt in bowl of food processor or in blender. Blend, slowly adding oils until dressing is emulsified.
Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, place chicken and cook, turning, until golden brown and done throughout, about 8 – 10 minutes. Remove chicken from heat and cool slightly.
In large bowl, combine greens, mint, nectarines, grapefruit, oranges, mango and onion. Add half of dressing and toss to combine. Add cooled chicken; toss salad again. Divide salad between four plates to serve. Pass extra dressing on the side, if desired.
Source: Chicken Council