- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Base:1/2 cup canola margarine 125 mL
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour 300 mL
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 60 mL
- Filling:1/2 cup brown sugar 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup 30 mL
- 1/2 cup canola margarine 125 mL
- 1/2 cup condensed milk 125 mL
- Topping:1 pkg (6oz./170g) chocolate chips 1
- 2 tsp canola margarine 10 mL
1 In a bowl mix together canola margarine, flour and sugar. Press into a 9x9 inch (22x22 cm) pan and bake at 350F (180C) for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
2 Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, canola margarine and condensed milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over cooled base. Refrigerate until set.
3 In another saucepan melt the chocolate chips and margarine over low heat. Pour over cooled filling. Refrigerate or freeze.