Chocolate chip cookies stuffed with caramel that gets melted and gooey along with the cookies.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 dozenServings
1 cup (2 sticks) margarine or butter
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2¼ cups bread or high-gluten flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
3 dozen pieces of caramel, about 1x1/2” each
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the margarine or butter with the sugars and vanilla extract.
4. Once combined, add in the egg.
5. After the egg is mixed in, add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low until the dough comes together.
6. Mix in the chocolate chips.
7. Divide the dough into 3 dozen balls using a cookie scoop.
8. Roll each small piece of caramel into a ball and tuck each piece into each ball of cookie dough.
9. Roll the cookie dough into a ball and make sure the caramel is completely covered.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are lightly brown.
11. Cool on a wire rack.