A fun sweet and salty snack is always nice for your day in the sun. Some regular butter popcorn is great for the movies, but mixing in some caramel is great way to take something simple and make it different. Candy tends to melt in your bag if left in the sun for more than an hour. Caramel popcorn allows you to taste that sweetness of a candy without having the hassle of it melting. Traveling to the beach means taking a large bag to fit your beach towel, sunscreen, hat, etc. Packing food like fruits or foods that come in large Tupperware’s can become overwhelming. Popcorn is a very light and travel friendly snack that fits well for a beach occasion.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 cups popcorn
- ½ cup margarine
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup honey roasted peanuts
1. Place popcorn in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Using a double saucepan, melt margarine until it becomes a liquid.
3. Add in corn syrup and brown sugar to margarine and continue to mix until sugar has completely dissolved.
4. Once the mixture has become a brown-caramel color, pour the caramel over the popcorn and mix the two until the popcorn is completely covered in the caramel sauce.
5. Add the peanuts into the mix and lightly toss for 2 minutes.