- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 6 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 medium red onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- refrigerated or prepared pizza dough
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 Heat4 tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions; cook, stirring often until caramelized. Season with salt and pepper; set aside
2 Sprinkle 2 baking sheets with cornmeal. Divide dough in half; using hands or rolling pin, shape into 2 oblong crusts, each approximately 6 x 14-inches.
3 Spread pesto over each crust; top with onions. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Brush edges with remaining oil.
4 Bake in the bottom third of oven at 450° F for about 18 minutes, or until crust is a deep golden colour. Cut each pizza into 8 pieces.
Source: California Walnut Board