- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 box couscous, plain
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pt. red pear or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 heads fennel, bulb only, small dice
- 1 English or hothouse cucumber, peeled, seeded and small dice
- 1/2 red onion, peeled, small dice
- 1 c. California golden raisins
- 2 bunches Italian flat leaf parsley, picked and chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, picked and chopped
- Juice of 4 lemons
- Salt and pepper
1 Place one box of couscous in a large bowl or shallow rectangle pan.
2 Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over couscous along with salt and pepper.
3 Then pour boiling water over couscous to cover.
4 Mix with fork; cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes. Remove plastic and fluff couscous with a fork to avoid lumps and let cool.
5 Once cool, add remainder of ingredients and toss well. Reheat to serve.
Source: Chef James Perillo and California Raisin Marketing Board