- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 2/3 cups Japanese eggplant, 3/4”dice
- 1 cup Yellow onions, sliced into strips
- 2/3 cup Red bell peppers, 3/4” dice
- 1/3 cup Celery, 3/4” dice
- 1 cup Tomato, seeded and diced
- 2/3 cup California Ripe Olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup Basil, chopped
- Tablespoons Pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Capers, drained
- 1 Tablespoon09Red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon09Salt
- dash09Black pepper, ground
1 Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high.
2 Add eggplant and cook until lightly browned and tender, stirring occasionally, for about 7-8 minutes.
3 Remove eggplant from pan and set aside in a large mixing bowl. Pour remaining oil in pan and heat over medium.
4 Add onions, peppers and celery and cook for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are cooked through.
5 Turn heat to low and stir in tomatoes, California Ripe Olives, basil, pine nuts, capers, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper.
6 Cook until heated through. Mix in eggplant and serve hot or at room temperature.
Source: California Olive