Tired of guacamole? Ume plum vinegar gives this avocado salad a unique and tasty flavor.
I got the inspiration for this recipe from Donna, a friend of a friend. I call it California Avocado Salad because she's from California.
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 can sweet yellow corn niblets, drained (11-ounce)
- 1 can white shoepeg corn, drained (11-ounce)
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 can hearts of palm, drained and cut into bite-sized pieces (15-ounce)
- 15 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon Ume Plum Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- Place corn, avocados, hearts of palm, tomatoes, onion, oils and vinegars in a medium salad bowl.
- Toss lightly (you don't want avocados to get mushy) and serve at room temperature.
Ume Plum Vinegar is an Asian vinegar and can be found in the specialty food aisle of your local supermarket or health food store. (It usually will not be lumped together with the other vinegars.) It has a pungent and salty taste, though, so use it sparingly. If you are watching your sodium intake, substitute additional seasoned rice vinegar. Then season lightly with salt to taste.