- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Spring Rolls:
- 1 lb. California asparagus
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cilantro leaves
- 1 mango or papaya, Fresh ginger, 2-inch piece
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup dry roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 8- inch Vietnamese dried rice paper Spring Roll Wrappers *, 6 to 8 sheetsDipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup store-bought Asian Sweet Chili sauce (or use Chili Sauce mixed with Duck Sauce)
- Juice of 1 lime
1 Prepare filling: Blanche asparagus in boiling salted water until tender to the bite, 3 to 5 minutes.
2 Peel and julienne mango or papaya and ginger. Julienne bell pepper. Set aside with remaining filling ingredients.
3 To assemble, fill a large bowl with hot water. Working with one wrapper at a time, slip rice paper wrapper into water until pliable, about 1 minute. Place wrapper oncutting board.
4 In the center, put 3 to 4 asparagus spears with the tips coming off the end of the wrapper slightly, 3 to 4 mango or papaya slices, 3-4 pepper slices, 3 tablespoons sprouts, 2 tablespoons herbs, sprinkling of ginger and peanuts.
5 Roll the wrapper from the bottom up, tightly. Leaving the ends open. Set aside and cover with a damp towel. Finish with remaining wrappers.
6 When ready to serve, slice wrappers into 3 segments each and stand upright on a serving platter.
7 Mix chili sauce and limejuice together. Serve along side the rolls as a dipping sauce.
Source: California Asparagus Commision