This light and lemon-y meal is a refreshing change to the same old pasta
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 cup dry whole-wheat bowtie pasta (farfalle) (8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (about 1 clove)
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots (16 ounce)
- 2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta, and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and garlic over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Cook until soft, but not browned.
- Add peas and carrots. Cook gently until the vegetables are heated through.
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth and cornstarch. Mix well. Add to pan with vegetables, and bring to a boil. Simmer gently for 1 minute.
- Add parsley, pasta, lemon zest, and pepper. Toss gently, and cook until the pasta is hot.
- Serve 2 cups of pasta and vegetables per portion.
Note: Substitute cooking spray for olive oil and save calories and fat.