This traditional and easy hamentashen recipe always satisfies on Purim.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2½ cups sifted unbleached flour
2½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup softened butter
½ cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift flour with baking powder, then combine them in a bowl with the salt.
3. In another bowl, combine butter with sugar and mix well. Add eggs, vanilla and lemon zest; mix to combine.
4. Pour mixture into center of dry ingredients. Stir until a soft dough is formed.
5. Knead a few times on a lightly floured work surface. Roll or pat to 1/4-inch thick.
6. Cut into 3-inch circles and fill with between a half teaspoon and a teaspoon of your desired filling. Pinch corners into a triangle.
7. Bake on a silicone sheet or parchment for 20 to 25 min or until slightly golden. They should not turn brown.