A combination of amazing flavors mixed into a creamy risotto - this is sure to be a hit!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon extra vigin olive oil
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ¼ cup white wine
- 3 cups vegetable broth, heated
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup toasted almonds
1. Heat evoo in a large high-sided sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Add butternut squash, garlic, sage, and pepper; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden.
3. Stir in rice, then pour in white wine.
4. Continue to stir over medium-high heat until liquid is fully absorbed.
5. Combine broth and water; pour into pan, ½ cup at a time, continuing to stir until all of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Mix in olives and Parmesan, top with almonds. Serve immediately.
Source: California Olive