This sweet and spicy pizza gets an unexpected twist when topped with peppery arugula. Serve it with a simple salad with goat cheese to compliment the flavors in the pizza.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cup butternut squash
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 prepared pizza dough, about 9-ounces
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
¼ cup baby arugula
- 1 bag chopped romaine
½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
¼ cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette
Preheat oven to 400°F.
1. On a sheet pan, toss butternut squash with maple syrup, olive oil and red pepper flakes. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
2. Increase oven to 450°F. Sprinkle cornmeal on a rimless baking sheet and set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough to a 10-inch circle and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Top with mozzarella, goat cheese and roasted squash and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Top with arugula and serve immediately.
3. While pizza is baking prepare the salad. In a large bowl, combine romaine, red onion, goat cheese and vinaigrette. Toss well and serve with pizza.
Tip: To purchase fresh prepared pizza dough swing by your local pizza shop and buy a ball of dough.