This is one of my favorite recipes ever and also one I love serving my family, as my children actually end up eating butternut and kale with gusto!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
16 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions and cooled
1 butternut squash, sliced in half
2 cups checked and washed kale
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1 cup ricotta cheese
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Remove seeds from butternut squash. Place butternut on cookie sheet face down and bake for thirty minutes or until tender.
3. While squash is cooking, sauté kale with butter, oil and a pinch of salt and pepper for fifteen minutes.
4. Remove butternut from oven and scoop out flesh. Combine with ricotta, egg, garlic, and salt and pepper.
6. Place a large spoonful of butternut mixture on lasagna rolls. Top with sautéed kale, and roll. Repeat with remaining noodles.
7. Pour heavy cream into 9x13 baking dish. Top with lasagna rolls. Top rolls with mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.