- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 servings ServingsServings
- 3-1/2 pounds:baking potatoes, peeled and cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 onion,:chopped
- 3 stalks celery,:cut in half
- 12 cloves:garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon:salt
- 3/4 cup:cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup:buttermilk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons:chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon:salt
- 1/4 teaspoon:pepper
- Place the potatoes in a sauce pan and cover with water. Add the onion, celery, garlic, and salt, cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove and discard the celery. Mash potatoes and vegetables. In a blender combine the cottage cheese and milk and process until smooth.
- Slowly add the milk mixture to the potatoes and combine until you get the desired consistency.
- Add the basil and salt and pepper to taste. Reheat over very low heat. Serves 8.