Brown butter gives this easy linguine dish a caramelized and nutty flavor unlike any other pasta sauce, in addition to sundried tomatoes and 2 types of cheeses.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 package linguine, prepared according to the package directions
- ½ cup Tnuva Butter
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ cup boiling water
- 4-5 sundried tomatoes
- ½ cup Tnuva Kashkaval Cheese, grated
- ½ cup Tnuva Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Sea salt
- Coarse black pepper
1. Heat up 1 tablespoon of butter in a big pan. Add bread crumbs and fry until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper and place them into a bowl.
2. In the same pan, add another tablespoon of butter. Add the onions and fry on medium heat for about 10 minutes, until golden. Put them aside.
3. Put the rest of the butter in the pan and add the sage leaves. Fry on low heat. Once the butter begins to melt, add the garlic and fry for another minute. Make sure that the butter does not burn. Add boiling water and let the mixture cook at a gentle boil.
4. Prepare the linguine according to the directions on the package. Drain the linguine and mix into the butter sauce. Top with cheese. Add the sun-dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place the linguine and sauce into serving bowls. Top with bread crumbs and fried onions.