A new and interesting way to prepare a traditional frittata.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup Basil, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 2 cups Zucchini, halved and sliced (1/4-inch thick)
- 1 cup Onions, chopped
- 1 (6 oz.) can California Black Ripe Olives
- 1/2 cup Roasted red bell peppers, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup Grated fontina cheese
1 In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together eggs, basil, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2 Heat olive oil in a 10-inch oven proof sauté pan over medium. Add zucchini and onions and cook for 5-6 minutes until tender.
3 Mix in 1 cup of California Ripe Olives and red bell peppers, remove from heat and stir into egg mixture.
4 Pour egg and vegetable mixture back into pan, turn heat to medium-high and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes until eggs are set on the bottom.
5 Sprinkle the top of the frittata with grated cheese and remaining California Ripe Olives and place into a 400 degree oven for 13-15 minutes until cooked through.
6 Cool slightly and cut into wedges.
Source: California Olive