Kosher Master's Winner, Avi Katz, share a new way to use your bundt pan. You will never underestimate your bundt pan again, it makes the tastiest, crispiest roast chicken you ever imagined.
Make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 quarts water
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 - 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chile pepper or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Pour water into a large container. Add lemon zest, bay leaves, salt, sugar, peppercorns, and cinnamon and stir until combined. Place chicken in brine, cover, and refrigerate 8 to 24 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Combine sugar, thyme, chile pepper, paprika, cinnamon, garlic powder, cocoa powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
4. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry. Rub chicken generously with evoo. Coat with dry rub over and under skin and then drizzle with more evoo.
5. Place onion, garlic, and thyme in the bottom of the bundt pan. Cover the hole in the pan with foil and pour white wine just to cover onion and garlic. Place chicken in the middle of the bundt pan over the hole.
6. Bake at 375°F for 1 hour. Baste and put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes, remove, and serve.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.