South Beach Food & Wine Festival (SOBEWFF) is a national, star-studded, five-day destination event showcasing the talents of the world’s most renowned wine and spirits producers, chefs and culinary personalities, organized by The Food Network & Cooking Channel.
This year's kosher event was all about barbeque. And while the meat was the star, the sides were big on flavor too. Here's one of the best things we tried at SOBEWFF, created by Chef Alon Shaya.
Full coverage of the event can be found in our JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine, Subscribe Now.
- Prep Time
- 16 to 18Servings
- 9 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 9 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 9 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1½ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 tablespoons lightly packed fresh dill fronds
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 small shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2¼ cups extra virgin olive oil
- 6 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2¼ cup golden raisins
- 3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. In a large salad bowl, whisk together both mustards, vinegar, honey, salt, and crushed red pepper.
2. Chop cilantro, dill, and just the leaves from the rosemary and thyme. Mince shallot and garlic. Add chopped herbs, shallots, and garlic to the bowl. Stream in olive oil and whisk until combined.
3. Peel away any tough outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts. Shred sprouts until they look similar to slaw by slicing them thinly with a sharp knife or with a grating attachment in a food processor. Add to the salad bowl and toss in the dressing. Add raisins and sprinkle with almonds just before serving.