- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water, boiled
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Dash of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat a pyrex dish with olive oil, add rice and pour boiling water on top.
3. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and allow to cook on middle rack of oven for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes (oven times may vary) rice should be cooked through and fluffy.
4. Before serving top with almonds, dried cranberries and a dash of pepper.
*Feeling adventurous? Add orange slices and a dash of cayenne, not only do oranges sweeten the dish they add a nice pop of color and are filled with vitamin C, and cayenne is great for circulation and metabolism.