This Broccoli Soup is easy to make, with only a few ingredients, but it will taste as if you slaved away for hours. Leave the Parmesan cheese out to keep the soup pareve.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cup sliced leeks, white and light green parts
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1 head of broccoli
- ¼ cup fresh parsley or basil (optional)
- Pinch of black pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Add ½ tablespoon of salt, and leeks.
3. Boil for ten minutes. Remove leeks.
4. Add broccoli and remaining salt to water.
5. Boil broccoli, just until tender, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove broccoli from water, reserving the water that the broccoli and leeks boiled in.
6. Add herbs, if using, and boil for thirty seconds.
7. Place all vegetables in a blender. Add 3 cups of reserved water and blend until smooth. Add additional water to achieve desired consistency.
8. Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.