This Broccoli Soup is easy to make, with only a few ingredients, but it will taste as if you slaved away for hours. Leave the Parmesan cheese out to keep the soup pareve.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cup sliced leeks, white and light green parts
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1 head of broccoli
- ¼ cup fresh parsley or basil (optional)
- Pinch of black pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Add ½ tablespoon of salt, and leeks.
3. Boil for ten minutes. Remove leeks.
4. Add broccoli and remaining salt to water.
5. Boil broccoli, just until tender, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove broccoli from water, reserving the water that the broccoli and leeks boiled in.
6. Add herbs, if using, and boil for thirty seconds.
7. Place all vegetables in a blender. Add 3 cups of reserved water and blend until smooth. Add additional water to achieve desired consistency.
8. Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.