The bitterness of the broccoli rabe is subdued with the sweetness from the figs. This recipe for broccoli rabe will turn anyone into a fan.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and shredded
- 5 dried figs, cut into pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup dry roasted, unsalted, slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan shavings
1 Wash broccoli rabe and cut off and discard coarse stem ends (about 1 inch from end). Cut broccoli rabe coarsely and set aside.
2 Saute garlic in stainless steel fry pan in olive oil until slightly browned (medium heat). Add broccoli rabe, carrots, figs, and pepper until broccoli rabe is fork tender (about 10-15 minutes). Stir every 5 minutes.
3 Add almonds, salt, and pepper and continue to cook for 5 minutes, until almonds. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with shavings of parmesan cheese.