This rich and hearty Broccoli Cheese Soup will hit the spot on a cold day.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 pound processed cheese, cut up
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
2. Add flour; cook 1 minute or until bubbly, stirring constantly. Stir in milk. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 1 minute.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Cook until processed cheese is melted and soup is heated through, stirring occasionally.