Nothing compares to the rich flavor of brisket, and this recipe couldn't be simpler to prepare - a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (2½-pound) beef brisket, thick-cut
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1½ cups ketchup
- 1½ cups dry red wine
- 1½ cups water
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Rinse brisket and place in roasting pan.
3. Rub paprika, basil, salt and pepper into meat. Scatter onions and garlic over meat.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together ketchup, wine, and water. Pour over brisket.
5. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil, tenting so the foil does not touch the meat.
6. Bake, covered, at 325°F for 3 hours, or until a digital thermometer inserted into the center of the brisket reads 190°F.
7. Let stand at least 15 minutes before slicing against the grain. Serve warm, with pan juices poured over the meat or served on the side.