Kids will love this healthy, fun dish to start the day. It is high in protein and filled with Mexican flavors.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-oz/426 mL) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas, 8 inch
- 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings
- chopped green onions
- non-fat Greek yogurt
1. In medium mixing bowl, scramble eggs, egg whites, skim milk and pepper.
2. In medium skillet, heat black beans and salsa over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring well. Set aside and keep warm. In large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Cook eggs for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to scramble.
3. Place tortillas on work surface. Divide egg mixture equally in center of each tortilla. Add black beans mixture and cheese evenly over eggs. Add desired toppings and serve immediately.
Source: Canola Info