Make these special breakfast crepes with hard boiled eggs or the creamy eggs mentioned below. Ad lox and top or fill with the flavorful sour cream. These make a wonderful crepe to serve on their own or as part of a crepe bar where everyone can choose their own toppings and fillings.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Dill sour cream
8 ounces lox
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Butter or oil, to grease the pan
Dill Sour Cream
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Prepare creamy eggs by whisking with milk, chives, salt, and pepper. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, add eggs and stir constantly, scraping the sides and bottom of the pan until eggs are creamy and thickened.
2. Make dill sour cream. Mix sour cream, capers, dill, lemon juice and zest. Stir and add salt and pepper to taste. Keep refrigerated until using.
3. Spread lox onto basic crepes and top with creamy scrambled eggs. Fold the crepes and top with dill sour cream.