Jamie Geller shares her recipe for Bread Pudding with Pears, Currants and Cinnamon
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8 ServingsServings
- 1 (1-pound) loaf stale whole wheat bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10- ounces dried pears, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried currants or raisins
- 4 cups plain rice milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- In a slow cooker, combine bread, pears and currants. In a large bowl, combine rice milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine and pour over bread mixture. Press down lightly so all bread is covered with liquid. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Scoop into bowls and serve warm.