You can use the whole broccoli or even just the stalks for these healthy latkes.
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 head including stalk broccoli
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup matzo meal or bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil as needed for frying
- Clean and chop broccoli separating the florets from the stalk.
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil and throw in broccoli stalks, after 3 minutes add the florets, cook until slightly tender.
- Place broccoli and onion in food processor, then mix in the rest of the ingredients except oil.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil to coat, drop tablepoons of the batter into the hot skillet placing them far enough apart so they don't touch.
- Cook on each side until brown 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all batter is used up.
- Serve immediately or freeze and reheat in oven.