I served these Bourbon Slushies to the adults at my son's birthday party and people asked me to text them the recipe on the spot, it was so good!
- Prep Time
- 8-10 ServingsServings
- 2 cups of freshly brewed strong black tea
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ( 6-ounce can ) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 ( 6 oz can) frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups bourbon whiskey
- Diet ginger ale
1. Steep 3 teabags in 2 cups boiling water for 4 minutes.
2. In a metal mixing bowl ( the metal helps the insure the bourbon mixture gets and stays cold faster), mix together the black tea, sugar, orange juice concentrate, pink lemonade concentrate, lime juice, water, and bourbon. Whiskey until thoroughly combined.
3. Place in freezer uncovered for at least 6 hours. ( Whisk gently every 2 hours- optional).
4. When ready to serve, remove frozen mixture from freezer, and let stand for 5 minutes.
5. To serve, scoop with an ice cream scoop into an ice cream scoop into a tall glass about 1/2 full. Fill the rest of the way up with diet ginger ale.
( To sugar the rim) place 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl, wet the rim of your glass and press into the sugar.